All About Maternity Leave, Labour Laws and more on Mywage Botswana.
Fill-out our Salary Survey and Win a Wage!
- Provision is made for maternity leave totalling 12 weeks (six weeks before and six weeks after confinement) after a pregnant employee presents their employer with a certificate signed by a medical doctor, nurse or a midwife.
- An additional two weeks maternity leave may be granted only if there are medical reasons.
- During maternity leave, a maternity allowance of not less than 25 per cent of the employee's basic pay or 50 thebe for each day of absence is payable.
- Employees are entitled to two paid nursing breaks of 30-minutes a day for six months after they have returned to work. This applies whether the woman is breast feeding or otherwise feeding the child by herself.
- Notice of dismissal may not be given during maternity leave or during any extension for a maximum of six weeks, nor at such a time that the notice would expire during maternity leave.
Citer cette page © WageIndicator 2017 - Mywage.com - Maternity Leave