Subsistence mixed crop and livestock farmers
Subsistence mixed crop and livestock farmers grow and harvest field or tree and shrub crops, vegetables and fruit, gather wild fruits, medicinal and other plants, tend or hunt animals, and/or catch fish and gather various forms of aquatic life in order to provide food, shelter and a minimum of cash income for themselves and their households.
- (a) preparing the soil, sowing, planting, tending and harvesting field crops
- (b) growing vegetables, fruit and other tree and shrub crops
- (c) gathering wild fruits, medicinal plants
- (d) breeding, tending and feeding mammals and poultry mainly to obtain meat, eggs, milk, hair, skin or other products
- (e) fetching water and gathering firewood
- (f) storing produce for later use and carrying out some processing of produce
- (g) building and maintaining houses and other shelters
- (h) making tools, clothes and utensils for use by the household
- (i) selling some products at local markets
Do the survey
Do the survey and win a prize!
Citer cette page © WageIndicator 2017 - Mywage.com - Subsistence mixed crop and livestock farmers