Poultry producers plan, organize and perform farming operations to breed and raise chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks and other poultry to produce meat, eggs and breeding stock for sale or delivery to wholesale buyers, marketing organizations or at markets.
- (a) monitoring market activity, planning and coordinating production accordingly, maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities
- (b) growing and purchasing feed and other supplies needed to maintain appropriate nutritional levels and condition of poultry
- (c) monitoring and examining poultry to detect illness, injury, or disease, and to check physical condition, such as rate of weight gain, and removing weak, ill and dead poultry from flock
- (d) mixing feed and feed additives and filling feed and water containers
- (e) vaccinating poultry via drinking water, injection, or dusting of air
- (f) collecting and storing eggs and packaging them for sale delivery to market
- (g) determining sex of chicks and facilitating breeding, artificial insemination, and hatching of eggs
- (h) renting or investing in and maintaining and cleaning farm buildings, machinery, equipment, and structures
- (i) slaughtering and dressing poultry for sale or delivery to market
- (j) storing and carrying out some processing of produce
- (k) arranging the sale, purchase and transportation stock, produce and supplies
- (l) training and supervising workers in poultry production procedures, maintenance duties, and health and safety precautions, and hiring and discharging workers and contractors
Do the survey
Do the survey and win a prize!
Citer cette page © WageIndicator 2017 - Mywage.com - Poultry producers