Forestry technicians perform technical and supervisory functions in support of forestry research and forest management, harvesting, resource conservation and environmental protection.
- (a) conducting forest inventories, surveys and field measurements following accepted scientific and operational procedures
- (b) assisting in and performing technical functions in the preparation of forest management and harvest plans using photogrammetric and mapping techniques and computerized information systems
- (c) assisting in planning and supervision of construction of access routes and forest roads
- (d) supervising and performing technical functions in silvicultural operations involving site preparation, planting, and tending of tree crops
- (e) coordinating activities such as timber scaling, forest fire suppression, disease or insect control or pre- commercial thinning of forest stands
- (f) supervising and performing technical functions in forest harvesting operations
- (g) ensuring adherence to regulations and policies concerning environmental protection, resource utilization, fire safety and accident prevention
- (h) supervising forest tree nursery operations
- (i) providing technical support to forestry research programs in areas such as tree improvement, seed orchard operations, insect and disease surveys or experimental forestry and forest engineering
- (j) preparing forest cultivation and cutting plans
Do the survey
Do the survey and win a prize!
Citer cette page © WageIndicator 2017 - Mywage.com - Forestry technicians